The sun shone brightly at Portchester for this year’s Secretary’s Cup. There was a perfect 16 teams competing, with representatives from 12 of our 21 clubs playing, plus most of the SCPA Executive Committee.
There were four leagues of four in the morning and knock-out in the afternoon, with consolages at both Main and Plate levels. There were some very close games (and some not so close!). The final between Fareham and Adur was a particularly closely fought game which could have gone either way right up to the final minutes, with Adur just pipping Fareham to the post.
Many thanks to all those who took part and particularly Portchester members for looking after us so well – the terrain was immaculate and we were treated like royalty, even down to Andy Barron’s Scouts providing a large tent for shelter. I even had my own private gazebo!!
Of course the event is a BIG thank you to all those who give up their time to serve on either club or regional committees – and sometimes both! Well done all of you.
- Winners: Adur (Graham, Sandra & Grant)
- Runners-up: Fareham (Sue, Dave K & Carrie)
- Semi-finalists: Cobbetts (Chris, Ali & Graham)
- Semi-finalists: Handcross 1 (Tony K, Gerard & Tony C)
- Winners: Cobbwebs (Dave S, Paul L & Richard)
- Runners-up: Portchester (Trudy, Andy & Mike)
- Semi-finalists: Destroyers (Will, Mark D & Hilary)
- Semi-finalists: Renegades (Mark R, Dave L and Hassi)
- Winners: Clymping 2 (Michael, Greg, Diana)
- Runners-up: Oxshott 1 (Ann, John & Barry)
- Semi-finalists: Southampton City (Peter, Hilary & Jean)
- Semi-finalists: Oxshott 2 (Jean, Richard & Stuart)
- Winners: Muscliff (Chris, Sue & Perry)
- Runners-up: Clymping 1 (Keith R, Joy, Marilyn & Keith W)
- Semi-finalists: Handcross 2 (Jane, Brenda & David)
- Semi-finalists: Crondall (Roger, Carolyn and John W)