SCPA Membership is through Petanque England (formerly the English Petanque Association). Membership of PE runs from January 1st until the 31st December. You must have an PE Licence issued by the SCPA to play in the SCPA 6-a-side and 9-a-side Leagues or in any of the regional events. These currently are:
- The Regional Qualifying Series (to qualify for the EPA Inter-Regionals)
- Mixed Doubles
- Over 50’s Doubles
- Shooting Competition
- Adult/Junior Doubles
- Junior Triples
- Winter Doubles
- Summer Doubles
- 9-a-side Salver
The winners and runners-up of the SCPA Doubles, Triples and Shooting competitions are eligible (and expected) to enter the PE Champion of Champions competitions to represent the region. Your club will be automatically entered by the PE into the EuroCup competition for clubs if you are registered by the 31st May and have a minimum of six PE members (with at least one being of opposite gender to the others).
SCPA Membership Fees 2017
If membership is obtained through the Southern Counties Petanque Association then the fees for 2017 are as follows:
- Adults – £24.00
(The EPA are paid £20.00 and the SCPA receive a precept of £4.00)
- Juniors (under 18 years as at 31st December)
For the 2016 season will be paid by the SCPA as has been the case for the last 2 years, and which we hope to continue for future years. (Finance is looked at each year to see if this is affordable – the PE charge the region £5 per junior which is paid by the SCPA.)
- To Change Clubs pleas contact the SCPA Membership Secretary, or your club secretary, who will explain the procedure as it is now completed by the regional membership secretary locally.
Membership Registration and Renewal
For PE membership on-line go to their website – click on the oval button – Online Membership . On the next screen you will find information on how to change country, region or club (an application must be sent to the membership secretary, Ray Keemer-Richards in Kent).
- In the left corner under the PE badge are 2 buttons “log-in” & “new registration Selection of the appropriate button will lead to a choice of details or new member data; after which the screen leads on to secure payment. Once a membership number is given – this becomes your perpetual membership number which is unique to each PE member. A receipt for your payment will be sent to your email address by your club secretary (this is a computer generated receipt not personally from your club secretary).
- Having followed these steps if there are any problems please contact the membership secretary by text or email: mlyngravell@gmail,com who will answer any queries.
- Juniors can renew their membeership on line but the £5 on-line fee will have to be paid, and money will then need to be reclaimed from the SCPA treasurer. Alternately the club membership secretary can be contacted for an SCPA membership form which when completed and returned to her will not requre any payment. The SCPA supports its juniors by payment of their PE fee. It is preferable and quicker to process your membership on line,however adults not wishing to join or renew on-line may also follow the above procedure with a form from their Club secretary.
- The membership fee is £24 cheques made out to the S.C.P.A. Please post the SCPA form and cheque to membership secretary, who will process them as soon as possible
- The 2017/18 Membership form can be downloaded here: SCPA Application Form