“After a couple of last-minute dropouts 37 teams took to the pistes on a lovely sunny day.
It was a diverse mix of players from England pros to club newbies, a great advertisement for Petanque in the sunshine. After the morning’s play Southern’s Liam Kidd and Justin Ellis were the afternoon’s top seeds, with an astonishing +37 points. Team Plumhoff dropped only 4 points all morning, and team Bradshaw five. The nine League winners and the next best seven went into the Main, the next sixteen into the Plate, and the remaining five in the Spoon.
The Main semis saw Sammy and Kaylee against Callum and Sofiane, with the ladies triumphant despite a strong showing from the boys. Dave Plumhoff and Reece Gould were against Jason White and Phil Bradshaw, but came off second best.
In a close-fought final, Sammy and Kaylee were overcome by Jason and Phil.”
- Winners: Jason White and Phil Bradshaw
- Runners-up: Sammy Ogles and Kaylee Thatcher
- Semi-finalists: Dave Plumhoff and Reece Gould
- Semi-finalists: Callum Lombard and Sofiane Lachani
- Winners: Karen Lombard and Alex Spillett
- Runners-up: Tony Kidd and Tony Mann
- Winners: Keith Atkinson and Trevor Gordon
- Runners-up: Angela Brooks and Carolyn Greenhalgh
- Semi-finalists: Steve Lombard and Ray Oakley
- Semi-finalists: Glen and Carol Woodward
- Winners: Martin Gordon and Nigel Sibbring
- Runners-up: Leo Black and Ray Stanton.
- Winners: Michael Moore and Dan Murphy.
A long day, and some long drives home for some of the players, but nevertheless a great day of Petanque.