As most players do not have scuba pétanque gear, Arundel had to abandon their home terrain for this year’s Winter Open as the terrain and approaches were underwater!
We moved to Worthing Petanque Club, where 37 teams played leagues in the morning with knock-out for the Gold, Silver, Bronze and Spoon and a 3-game snake for the “Whoops Never Mind” section.
It was good to welcome players from other regions (and Australia!) as well as from all over Southern Counties. It was especially pleasing to have 6 juniors playing.
Thanks to Worthing PC for hosting us.
- Winners: AA – Angie and Ash Jamieson
- Runners-up: England Juniors – Jamie Brooks and Sam Rattue
- Winners: Clymping Mudlarks – Keith and Marilyn Wannell
- Runners-up: Second String – Glen and Carol Woodward
- Winners: Handworth – Nigel Sibbring and Martin Gordon
- Runners-up: Lamb Chops – Geoff Sully and Kath Knight
- Winners: Oxshott Wolves – Frank Charlesworth & Chris Peat
- Runners-up: Flobalob – Richard Foulsham and Trish Richins
- Winners Twiglets – Christian Biagioli & Paul Webb
- Bronze R-Up Geddes 1 – Eric and John Geddes
- Winners Rusty Rivets – Paula Fauvel & Robert Cleaver
- Runners-up: Albert’s Camel – Martin Aichroth & Chris Warren-Adamson
- Winners: Hobnobs – Jeff and Bren Hobbs
- Runners-up: Me & Sue Too – Steve Love & Sue Sandy
- Winners: Crawley Boys Bill Mackrell and Gerard Poirier
- Runners-up: Ivy – Angela and Steve Brooks
Whoops Never Mind
- The Goodies – Grant & Sandra Goodwin
- Me & Sue – Derek Coates & Sue Taylor/Richard Batt
- Handcross Hillbillies – Justin & Sarah Ellis
Friendliest Team: Coventry Duo – Jane and Amy Geddes