Crondall Petanque Club kindly hosted our 21st Open on Good Friday, while our new venue at Bordon is being completed sometime (hopefully) this summer.
On what was the wettest day of any Bordon Open, we had an impressive 27 teams from London, Great Western, Thames Valley, Sussex, Wales and a nucleus from within the region.
The results are as follows:
- Winners: SCD – Stuart Floyd, Callum Lombard, David Franco
- Runners Up: Cobbetts Gooduns – Dave Stubbs, Richard Greeves, Steve Daykin
- Semi Finalists: TAT – Tony Kidd, Alex Hepburn & Tony Mann
- Semi Finalists: Londoners – Gordon Cochrane, Nick Goodhart, John-Pierre
- Winners: Sammy Thatcher, Glenn Floyd, Karen Lombard
- Runners Up: Thames Valley – Paul Webb, Mark Dowman, Dean Web
- Semi Finalists: Pitstop – Paula Fauvel, Steve Brickell, Carrie Litchfield
- Semi Finalists: Bath PC – Phil Bradshaw, Clive de Silva & Christine Spray
- Winners: Portchester – Nick & Wendy Hall, Trudy Bishop
- Runners Up: Marks Mobb – Mark Barlow, Keith Vines, Paul Rasell
- Semi Finalists: Oxshott – Frank Charlesworth, Christine Peat, Ron Phelps
- Semi Finalists: Bat & Boule – Matt & Michaela Slater, Ashley Canning
- Winners: Cobb On – Ali Stubbs, Mike Porter, Steve Snudden
- Runners Up: Cranleigh – Jane Bowden, Jill Myles, Callum Paterson
Our thanks to Crondall for all their help, Pen-y-Coed for coming so far and all the players for their attendance, friendship and being so cheerful on a day with such terrible weather.